BE Blogs: A Voice for Responsible Business
As part of our sustainability pledge to discuss best practices openly and honestly, we share insights that allow others to effect change in their community. While companies have responsibility to drive change internally, we believe they also can add to their insights and impact by sharing their experience with others.
Come by often to read the latest news, subscribe to our blog via email or RSS reader. Even better, join the conversation and share your ideas on how business can be a force for good in your community and environment.
BusinessEarth has had an exciting week at the SXSWeco Conference here in our home city of Austin, Texas. Thousands of individuals from businesses, NGOs, governments, and more have interacted and discussed some of the biggest problems and opportunities that lie in sustainability.
There is far too much to cover in one post, but over the next few weeks and beyond, we’ll share all sorts of ideas and insights that we’ve come across at the conference. So keep a look out for some really interesting stuff!
These are some of the main standout topics we look forward to sharing with you this month:
- How to drive corporate sustainability intrapreneurship using internal incubators, etc.;
- What it takes to get consumers and employees to make sustainable behavioral changes;
- New tools that will allow companies and individuals to better manage their energy use;
- Social media strategies for sustainable business;
- How sustainable architecture and design can take cues from nature;
- How to use “big data” to drive energy efficiency;
- Why sustainability is still poised to be the most profitable business opportunity of our time;
- And much more.
As Americans think about military service this week, let’s consider one lesson that the military stands to teach our companies: sustainability is a strategic imperative. The U.S. military has been embracing green technologies for years, and more private companies should follow suit.