“Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.” There’s a reason that ‘Reuse‘ comes before ‘Recycle’. By putting old items to new use, you save energy and resources from being spent on a new item. Oftentimes, you can even make money in the process.
8 Great Sites for Reusing Old Items in New Ways
Here are eight great sites that you can reduce your environmental footprint by increasing your reuse:
- RecycleMatch – Buy, sell or recycle used materials
- RecycleThis – Discover new ways to use or recycle old items
- Habitat ReStores – Remodel your house with reuse
- Freecycle – Give and get the gift of reuse
- SuperUse – Get inspired by the masters of reuse design
- TechTurn – Sell and upgrade your computer systems
- iReuseHauling – Clear your “junk” with a clear conscience
- EcoSquid – Make money from your old mobile phone.
Some of these sites are in beta form and their services may not be available in your city. However, each one represents a business approach to solving an environmental problem.
The next time you think about throwing something in the trash, stop and think how you could reuse it. What are you doing to get new value from old items?