When you’re handed a crowded menu, it’s difficult to find the dish that delivers the most flavor for your dollar. The same is true when it comes to making choices to become a more sustainable company.
Not All Initiatives are Created Equally
From waste reduction to social engagement, there are countless paths to explore on your journey to sustainability. By focusing on a project that delivers the biggest Return on Investment (ROI) in the shortest time, you can launch into the first of a series of successful initiatives.
5 Sustainability Tools to Get Real ROI, Real Fast
- Lighting — Replace switches with motion detectors and invest in new LED and fluorescent technology for long-term savings. Lighting Pay-off Calculator.
- Packaging — Think lighter and smarter and you’ll fit more product into fewer shipments. Packaging Assessment Tool.
- Electricity — Measure your electricity usage to pinpoint where and how much you can save. Energy Monitoring Tools.
- Water — Encourage employees to drink from water fountains instead of plastic bottles. Commercial Water Calculator.
- IT — Encourage employees to telecommute and swap airports for video conferencing. Video Conferencing Calculator.
Small Success Leads to Large-Scale Change
Pick at least one initiative to focus on, carry it through and quantify it for your leadership and other stakeholders. After your initial success, you’ll find that you have even more support for even larger projects.